• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correcting authorization address in Digital Editions?

Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed my e-mail address.  I have changed it in MY Adobe and in my Nook but the old address still comes up for authorization on the computer program.  Can this address be changed?  How?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

You are welcome to create a new Adobe ID and authorize with that ID.  What version of Adobe Digital Editions are you using?  What operating system do you have installed?  Also do you utilize any type of eReader device which might need access to your purchased content or do you only view this content in Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DE2.  I had no problems with the previous version --- 1.7 I think.  But have had nothing but problems since going to  DE2.

My operating system is Windows Vista/Home. 

I use a Nook simple reader. I have had one for a little over a year.  My original Nook went bad at and it was replaced under warranty.  Similar timing to updating to DE version 2.

The books work okay on the computer but will not open on the Nook.  Message is not authorized.  But, everything seems to check out okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you can deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions with your current Adobe ID by pressing Control-Shift-D.  You can also deauthorize your Nook by pressing Control-Shift-E while in Adobe Digital Editions.

Please keep in mind that all of your purchased content is current under your previous Adobe ID.  With ADE 2.0 you will still be able to read this content in ADE, as it supports multiple Adobe IDs, but you would not be able to transfer the content to your Nook since it would then be on your new Adobe ID. 

In order to resolve this you will want to contact the eBook provider and request that they reset the activations on your purchased content.  You will then want to download and activate the content under your new Adobe ID in ADE for it to be tied to your new Adobe ID.  Alterantely you can deauthorize and reauthorize your Nook with the old ID if you want to access the previously purchased content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deactivated and reactived computer and Nook.  I downloaded a book from the library site and the book downloads okay but when I try to open it on the Nook I get an Error Message ---User not activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to reactivate your Nook after you deactivate it with Control-Shift-E.  You should be able to select the Nook on the left hand side and choose to reactivate if it does not prompt you to do so automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that and everything looks okay --- The ADE shows the computer and Nook both authorized to the proper address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you should now be able to transfer the library book sucessfully.  You can try a test run by utilizing our sample library at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/eBook.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines