• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer Crashes on Chrome

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my name is Kathy. I really don't need to install flash player. I need to know how to stop it from crashing when I play games on zynga.com. I've tried all the helps on your pages. I play on Chrome and have Windows 7. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

Please see this FAQ which details how to report Chrome issues to us and also has a troubleshooting step that might help you.

How do I report a bug against Flash Player for Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I did all the steps on this page 

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_6__Remove_Flash_Player_cache

Its funny but when I use Chrome to access these pages I can't make out the words on the FlashPlayer Storage settings pages nor can I make out the information about the version of flash player. But when I open these pages in EI I can see them just fine.

I finally figured out how to set storage limits. But zynga.com was not listed as a website and I couldn't figure out how to put it in there. 

I'm going to try and play on zynga after these changes and see if it helps. 

I read your info on how to file a report but it seem a little daunting. If I need to do that I'll try and figure it out.

Thank your again.Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the font readability issue is due to a bug with Chrome and the NPAPI (system) version of Flash Player.  Did this start occurring right after you made the switch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure. I went to setting manager when my daughter gave me an address that she had saved and she told me to take out everything in the box. She said it cleared the cache. The next time I tried to access setting manager it was not readable.Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it sounds like you are running the system version of the Flash Player, not the version built into Chrome.  The only way to deal with the font issue at this time is to switch back to the PPAPI version (the one built into Chrome.)  The instructions in this help page talk about switching to the system version (which is what you are using) but should be sufficient for reverting back.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did that a couple of times. I read somewhere to disable the chrome version and run adobe flashplayer. I've tried it both ways. That screen shot has 3 flash players listed there are only 2 on mine. Right now the chrome one is disabled and the other is enabled. It say at the bottom of that page to to install flashplayer using firefox or safari. Do you think I should just uninstall and reinstall the flashplayer. I do have firefox browser also but don't use it because the zynga game didn't work well on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need to uninstall/reinstall.  However, if you want to get rid of the font issue you'll need to disable the NPAPI version and enable the PPAPI version instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's funny the link you sent me said On Windows: If you see multiple entries for Flash Player, disable the Pepper version by clicking Disable.  I was looking around on the adobe site and somewhere i read to add a website in the setting storage manager. I couldn't figure out how to get to the spot to do that. I thought if I put in zynga.com it might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines