• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.6.602.168 fails to identify installed air application. How this should be fixed?

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ours is simple application with flash loaded on web identifies air application installed or not. If installed, files will be downloaded through air application.

Action script code uses http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/browserapi/air.swf to idetify air app installed or not clients desktop

Today upgraged to 11.6.602.168 flash player, _air.getApplicationVersion(appId, pubId, versionDetectCallback) version detect callback always returns null.

How this should be fixed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and browser configuration are you using?  I just tried this out using Firefox on Windows 8 and I received the version number in the getApplicationVersion callback.  Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include sample code or an application so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Os windows 7, Firefox 19 and Safari 5.0 fails to work.

Chrome 24 works fine

Here is the code snippet

public function LaunchAirApplication()

{

var _loader:Loader = new Loader();

var loaderContext:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext();

loaderContext.applicationDomain = ApplicationDomain.currentDomain;

_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.INIT, onInit);

_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);

_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);

_loader.load(new URLRequest("http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/browserapi/air.swf"), loaderContext);

}

/**

* This function identifies air after loading from standard site and gets application version

* @param - event: Event object

**/

private function  onInit(event:Event):void{

_air = event.target.content;

if (_air.getStatus() == 'installed'){

_air.getApplicationVersion(appId, pubId, versionDetectCallback);

}

else{

ExternalInterface.call("airAppInstalled", 0, null);

}

}

/**

* This function detects air app is already installed or not

* @param - version: version of air app

**/

private function versionDetectCallback(version:String):void{

if (version==null){

ExternalInterface.call("airAppInstalled", 0, version);

}

else{

ExternalInterface.call("airAppInstalled", 1, version);

}

}

private function onComplete(event:Event):void{

}

I will report the bug in bugbase.adobe.com. A quick help is appreciated as our customers are affected because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same problem on windows 7 and windows vista with firefox and fp 11.6.602.168

for everyone who want this fixed asap vote on https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3504635

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread due to BBC iPlayer (AIR application) failing after installing 11.6.602.168 when using Win7/64 and Firefox 19.

Symptom seems the same - since the upgrade clicking to download a TV program always causes a prompt to come up to install the iPlayer AIR application, although it is already installed (and works). SO, it has broken the ability to download new programs on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having problems reproducing this with either debug or release versions of Flash Player. Hopefully someone can take a look at the code I'm using (see the attached fxp files in the public bug) to see what I'm missing.

To reproduce, I'm trying the following:

1. Install AIR 3.6

2. Install HelloAIRSwf.air

3. Install Flash Player 11.6.602.168 for Firefox 19

4. Unzip the contents of bin-release.zip and navigate to AIRSwfTest.html in Firefox.

When I do that, I see that the runtime is installed and the test application returns a version of 1.0.0. I've had the same results for both the debug and release versions of the player.  Any help reproducing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the bug report, kharganpl has reported that this was failing because of an incorrect use of publisherID.  Once removed, getApplicationVersion() returned the proper value back.  For those still encountering issues, please try deleting the following folders then trying again:

default folder : C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin

shared folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flash Player\AddIns\

If you continue to have problems, please provide a URL and steps that we can test against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my machine when I have flash player version 11.5.502.149, everything works fine.

As soon as I upgrade to new version it fails,

Here is the Jing file which illustrates the scanario,

http://screencast.com/t/rRJuA9bfQS

Source code of both flash and adobe air files:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33592700/TestAirApp.zip

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33592700/SampleAirApplication.air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the data suggested in the above url's no luck.

Its the same publisherId which works with 11.5.502.149. So that did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've tracked this bug down and I can confirm that this is an issue with our 11.6 release on Windows Firefox.  We're working on a fix and we should have a beta release to test against very soon.  Thanks again and please feel free to ping me anytime for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear about that. @Chris campbell Thank you.

Our production customers are affected by this would be great if the fix is rolled out soon. How much time this fix may take?

Hope to hear about fixed version soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping the beta will be available this week or early next week.  I'll add an announcement post as soon as we post it online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris campbell - Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 11.7 beta is now available.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1166518

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Campbell - I verified and issue is fixed in 11.7 beta. Thank you

When is it going to be public?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked out this link for release date for next version - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html. Can't find release date for next version.

@chris campbell - Any updates on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No official release date available yet.  We shoot for quarterly releases for major updates and the last one was done on 2/12/13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@chris champbell - Thank you for the updates. Would be great to hear from you when release date is announced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines