• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Platform Support for ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1: Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Serv

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows 2012 server are now supported platforms for ColdFusion 10. The new Windows installers are available for download to all retail and licensing customers as well on the trials download page.

The ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 installers have also been updated to support Windows 8. The existing MAC OS X installer for ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 has also been certified to now support MAC OS X 10.8.

Refer this technote for more details about the support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool!

Good stuff, Rakshith & the rest of the CF team.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

+1 CF10 windows server 2012 IIS8

CFadmin > Server Settings > Settings Summary >

says:

Server Product  ColdFusion 
Version  ColdFusion 10,284032 
Operating System  Windows Server 2012   
OS Version  6.2   
Update Level  /D:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000008.jar   
Adobe Driver Version  4.1 (Build 0001)   
Java Version  1.7.0_15

Should I run WSCONFIG to remove and add CF IIS connector?  

The previous CF10 installer reported  differently Version  10,0,8,283965.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, what's the version number when you dump the server scope?

Also, I'm confused:

• We now seem to have a situation where a fully-patched CF10 install using the old installer has a lower version number than an unpatched CF10 install using the new installer.
  • Plus the new installer uses a different number scheme than the old one: [major].[build] for the new one, and [major].[minor.minor].[build] on the old install.

WTF?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adam & @carl type3,

I'm not sure you are right about the first bullet point.  My fully patched (through Hotfix 8) CF10 install (from the old installer) shows version number 10,0,8,284032 on both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2.  Is it possible @carl_type3 that your install of Hotfix 8 didn't fully install properly?  Is build 283965 consistent with Hotfix 7?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adam @CarlV

>what's the version number when you dump the server scope?

ColdFusion Server - Evaluation 10,0,8,284032

OK I see, the I button reports differently to Settings Summary.

About ColdFusion »

System Information 
Server Details 
Version  10,0,8,284032 
Tomcat Version  7.0.23.0 
Edition  Enterprise (Trial)   
Serial Number    
OS Version  6.2   

Server Settings > Settings Summary

System Information 
Server Details 
Version  ColdFusion 10,284032 
Edition  Enterprise (Trial)   
OS Version  6.2   
Adobe Driver Version  4.1 (Build 0001)   

Regards Carl M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Should I run WSCONFIG to remove and add CF IIS connector?

For interested readers I did and noticed ISAPI.DLL is different after so expect for IIS users this is still an important step to perform.

Is the new CF10 installer configuring Java JVM differently to before other than Java 7?
CF10admin > Server Settings > Java and JVM >
Minimum JVM Heap Size (in MB) says 256 where as traditionally that has been blank. Indeed the help
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Admin/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbf3638e6-7ffc.html
does not offer a default setting as it does for "JVM maximum heap size. The default value is 512 MB".

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carl type3 On CF10, if you are comming from an update level lower than update 5, you should reconfigure the connector.

ref. http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-10-update-8.html

Since the the new CF10 installer does not have any of the product updates baked in (except for the mandatory certificate update), the connector should be reconfigured after applying update 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piyush, Yes I noted in post 06/03/2013 3:26 PM need to run WSCONFIG tool. It is a fresh install of the new CF10 EXE so patched directly to Update8. Hence as you note need to perform the manual IIS connector step as outlined in Update5 procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting "Error processing your request." when I click on either Developer Edition or Trial Edition download of CF10 from http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#cf10productdownloads

Is the download offline temporarily?

And THANK-YOU for updating them to install on Windows 8 and Windows 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just checked. The downloads links are functional. Both the links point to the same product download page, which requires you to log in with an Adobe ID. You may try using another browser or if you are in a restricted intranet, try it from outside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation