Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installation not working

Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried in vain to install flash (11.6.602.171) many times.  It doesn't take.  Using Firefox 19.0 on a MacBook Pro (OSX10.6.8), do i need to install it via Safari even if Mozilla Firefox is what I use?  I unblocked cookies for adobe.com (since I normally default to blocking cookies) and it says flash is installed (install mgr shows up in my finder, as does a .dmg image file) but it doesn't work - websites needing it do not recognize it on my computer.

ps saw the troubleshooting tip, and Shockwave Flash addon is enabled. Thx in advance. PB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to run through the installer once you double click it in the dmg?  Do you get any errors at the end of the installation?

Try downloading and installing from this file:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.6.602.171/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this many times. Your link didn't look any different.  I don't get any errors at the end of the installation but it doesn't seem to note the existence of flash when i hit the websites needing flash. And when I search for flash in the Finder it just shows me your Install Manager and other things like it (presumably earlier versions of same) but not the actual application.  What gives? Any way I can talk to a human about this the next time I'm at my home computer, say, noon this Friday? Just tell me who to call. Thanks! PB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines