Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My installed flash player is not recognized by flash sites

Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, suddenly none of the sites that require a flash player recognize that I have the latest version of the player installed. I use IE 9 and I am running Windows 7. The strange thing my son's laptop has the same OS and browser but he has no problem accessing those sites? Also if I use an other browser Chrome or Safari I do not experience that issue?  Can you help flash player work with IE 9? Patrick 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Internet Explorer introduces a number of changes in the manner in which JavaScript is processed and in how the browser identifies itself to remote websites.  This causes content on a number of sites with IE-specific logic to no longer work as expected.  Content providers will ultimately need to adjust their content in order for their sites to work as expected in Internet Explorer.

Until the web gets updated, Compatibility View in Internet Explorer usually gets things working again.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been to those sites and have followed the instructions however that did not solve my problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled (Flash Player 11 Active X , Flash Player 11 Plug in as well as Shockwave player 12.0. but the problem still exixts whenI use Internet Explorer to access those sites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, ignore the last post.

How exactly does IE "not recognize" Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Pat I am new to this forum. For example when I try to view my Prima Game Guides where the movie should play it says I have no flash player installed and other sites have a black screen instead of playing animation again this issue just happened about 5 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same frustrations.  Started discussion at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1164983 if you want to see what I've tried - basically everything!.  Chris Campbell (staff at Adobe?) is trying to help but we are on different time zones so is taking a while.  My Windows 7 laptop using Internet Explore 9 has no problem.  My Vista PC using IE9 is where it falls apart, though today I tried going on to YouTube through Google Chrome and had no problems so my thought is there must be a bug to do with IE9 and Vista or some plug-in that I might need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrisChris, I know we are not alone just by all of the posts that I have read. I have done a comparison with my son's laptop and all of the settings are identical. As with you, if I use Chrome or even Safari I have no problem with flash sites. The only suspicious thing is on February 27th or there about a  Windows Auto Update installed a (recommended) Windows 7 x64 Plaform Update (KB2670838) which did not get installed on my son's laptop. Look in your Windows Auto Update History to see if your pc installed that update. The problem may be related to that Platform Update but I am too reluctant to uninstall the update to see if that fixes the issue.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That update doesn't seem to have installed on my PC.  Heaps of others have installed on 15 Feb so who knows if any of those might have caused the problem.  I'll post a screen shot of all the updates on my other thread for Chris Campbell to have a look at.  Thought about maybe updating PC OS to Windows 7 to fix the problem but there seem to be just as many people having problems with 7 as with Vista.  Maybe upgrade both PC and laptop to Windows 8 but not sure I want to take the leap yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just a hunch. Mabe when Windows Auto Update issues the updates for this month On March 12th there will be a fix for our problem. I am still surpised that running a Check Disk does not reveal any problems as Flash Player is an important component and a computer must have. Also why is this problem not an issue with with other Internet Browsers? I tried uninstalling all of the ADOBE programs and re-installed them with no change. Good luck, If you stumble by chance on a fix, please advise me. Thank you. 

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pandafoster: this is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data (by sending the entire forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same has happened to me - I am running windows 7 and IE 11 - flasplayer not seen under manage add ons - funny thing is if I re-install flashplayer from website with Internet Explorer then it works OK whilst browser is open but as soon as I open another browser session or close existing session and re-open then flashplayer will not work again. All seems to have occured witha windows update tried rolling back to IE 10 still does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal.

I have been prompted to download the latest Adobe on IE 11.  But when I check (Tools/Manage Add-ons) it is there and is enabled.  There is obviously an underlying issue which both Microsoft and Adobe refuse to fix.

If this persists I'll be going back to Firefox.  The community needs a fix, not a blind eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer introduces a number of changes in the manner in which JavaScript is processed and in how the browser identifies itself to remote websites.  This causes content on a number of sites with IE-specific logic to no longer work as expected.  Content providers will ultimately need to adjust their content in order for their sites to work as expected in Internet Explorer.

Until the web gets updated, Compatibility View in Internet Explorer usually gets things working again.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View - Windows Help

Alternatively, another browser like Google Chrome or Firefox might be an easy approach for your favorite sites that no longer work right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A website by website approach? Are you serious Jeromie? I don't think that many people would bother and I'll go back to Firefox before I do that.

Thanks.

mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak to Microsoft's engineering decisions, but these are the available paths.  I agree that the outcome - at least in the short term, is less than ideal.

If you feel that Compatibility View is not a viable approach in your scenario (which is totally reasonable), choosing a browser more better suited to your needs is probably the right choice for you.

In the even that you're required to use IE, Compatibility View is better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with your sentiments. it says a lot about Microsoft who, had the issue been a virus, would have the problem fixed within a day. The only way to solve such problems is for users to vote with their feet, making sure to let Microsoft know that they have gone....something most people could not be bothered doing, hence the persistence of the problem.

Society is so deserving of what happens to it.

Thanks for taking the time Jeromie.

Have a nice day.

Cheers.

mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines