• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before viewing PDF documents in this browser you must launch Adobe Reader and accept the End User Li

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past two or three weeks, every time we try to open a PDF file, we get the following message:

Before viewing PDF documents in this browser you must launch Adobe Reader and accept the End User License Agreement then quit and relaunch the browser.  There is no link in this message and I can't find where to launch Adobe Reader to accept this agreement.  I don't understand why we started having problems all of the sudden, but it's Extremely frustrating!!

We have a Mac OS X v. 10.7  Safari v. 6.0

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

If you installed the Adobe Reader to the deafult location you will see it in your Hard Drive / Applications folder.

Try this:

1. Quit the Safari

2. From Finder > Go > Go to Folder... > type in the path :  /Applications/ and hit 'Go'

3. Launch 'Adobe Reader'

4. Accept end user license

5. Open PDF in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this may sound odd, but can you tell us the name of the document?  (Better to copy/paste the document name into here - since this may be case sensitive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It's actually ANY pdf file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed the Adobe Reader to the deafult location you will see it in your Hard Drive / Applications folder.

Try this:

1. Quit the Safari

2. From Finder > Go > Go to Folder... > type in the path :  /Applications/ and hit 'Go'

3. Launch 'Adobe Reader'

5. Open PDF in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!  Thank you soooooo much!!  I really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too!  I've been just opening Adobe reader the normal way and it never prompted the license agreement and I couldn't find it anywhere on the menu.  THANK YOU...easy fix.  I appreciate it too, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader Launches and does not ask me to accept end user agreement--prob still exists for me. Another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer but also am waiting for a response on this.  Please, anyone?  I'm being asked to accept the Acrobat EULA and I don't even have Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sergiogeorgini,

Do you have Adobe Reader installed? If so please

Try this:

1. Quit the Safari

3. Launch 'Adobe Reader'

5. Open PDF in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried all the steps and it didn't work. I quit Safari and relaunched Adobe several times but there's no end user license pop up...I dnt know what I did wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this link to follow the instructions - need to enable it through reader. Worked for me

Acrobat Help | Display PDF in browser | Acrobat, Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working for me either. I followed your steps. However, when I launch Adobe Reader there is no prompt to accept the user license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation.

Launching the Adobe Reader app does not prompt for accepting the EULA.

Yet I get this message when opening a PDF but for me it is in Google Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me in Chrome or Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same boat as many here. For me the trouble started right around when I upgraded to OSX 10.10, but I also updated my Adobe Reader to 11.0.10 at the same time. I'm having the exact same issue on both my macbook air and imac, so it's not computer-specific. No pdfs in Chrome, no way to actually accept this mysterious EULA. Flash has also stopped recognizing my built-in Facetime camera in both Chrome and Safari, but I guess that's a separate issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zia76 wrote:

In the same boat as many here. For me the trouble started right around when I upgraded to OSX 10.10, but I also updated my Adobe Reader to 11.0.10 at the same time. I'm having the exact same issue on both my macbook air and imac, so it's not computer-specific. No pdfs in Chrome, no way to actually accept this mysterious EULA. Flash has also stopped recognizing my built-in Facetime camera in both Chrome and Safari, but I guess that's a separate issue.

Google Chrome on a Mac is not supported. This is a Chrome issue rather than a Reader issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome on a Mac is not supported. This is a Chrome issue rather than a Reader issue.

So you're saying that Google must address this, not Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue in Firefox too, not just Chrome. Opened up Adobe Reader but there is no End User License Agreement to accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Reader plugin is used by Chrome as well. This "accept license" roadblock issue affects Chrome too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is going to sound so crazy that I hesitate to even post it, but here's what just fixed my problem:

I went into Safari preferences, to the Security tab, clicked on the "Website Settings..." button on the "Internet plug-ins" line, and in the next screen I changed the setting for Adobe Reader from "ask" to "allow". Suddenly pdfs are viewable in Chrome for the first time in weeks, and after hours of me tinkering and googling around unsuccessfully to fix this issue. No more EULA to accept. How Safari and Chrome settings are affecting one another I have no idea. Really weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. It appears to be trying to load the plugin, but it still asks me to accept the EULA.

Image%202015-01-07%20at%2010.25.07%20AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meraphan,

Did you try restarting the machine and see if it solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, except I'm using Chrome on a Mac. When I launch Reader, I am not prompted to accept the EULA.

We need another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Chrome on a Mac:

Open a new tab in Chrome and enter:

chrome://plugins

Disable the following:

- Chrome PDF Viewer

- Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-in ...

This should force Chrome to open the PDF in the external program associated with the .pdf extension, i.e. Acrobat Reader

Works for me on Yosemite. YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines