• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player download problem

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player download says application in use. The box that is supposed to identify the level of flash on the computer is blank.  Have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong.  Help will be appreciated. 

New to this. Am I asking for help in the right place?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti,

Assuming you are on Windows, are you trying to install Flash Player for Internet Explorer or another browser?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris, first let me thank you for taking the time to respond to my dilemma. I am using WIN7 Home Premium and IE9. It took me a long time to find out where the Flash program reside. I found them to be in folders on SysWOW64 and System32. I attempted to delete the files in the Flash folder with the intent to uninstalled Flash so that I could do a fresh install. I was not able to complete this exercise as I was unable to delete the .ocx file. It required an administrator to do this. Although I am the administrator on my system, it would not delete. There you have in a nutshell where I am with this problem. Regards. Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you exit all instances of IE.  Go into your task manager and look for rows named iexplore.exe, right click them and select end task.  I suspect that one or more browser instances is open and causing the .ocx to be locked.  You might also want to run the stand alone uninstaller which you can find here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, tried both. During Flash download it gets to the 50% point and I get the message about the application is in use. I’m baffled. Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat, followed your advice. Uninstalled, deleted files, and reinstalled. Still not working. A Clip in email says flash player is required. FYI both SysWOW64 and System 32 have new Flash files. Any other thoughts? Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

What email client are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:42 PM

To: PattiAZ

Subject: Flash Player download problem

Re: Flash Player download problem

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Pat, no to animation. Am using Windows Live Mail. Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines