• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why don't SWF's on my hard drive use the latest version of Flash Player?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked everywhere and I don't know why no one seems to be talking about this.

When I view a SWF in a browser it uses Flash Player 11.6, but when I view a SWF on my hard drive it uses Flash Player 10. Why is this? It's driving me nuts.

Untitled-1.jpg

I already know that Chrome uses multiple different Flash Players. One of them is the built-in Flash Player and the other is the "system" Flash Player. I assumed the system Flash Player was the one that's run when I open SWF's on my hard drive, but that's clearly not the case. I tried uninstalling Flash Player and I could still open SWF's on my hard drive and they still said Flash Player 10. What's going on here? How many Flash Players do I have? It looks like there's a built-in Chrome Flash Player, a system Flash Player, AND a Flash Player that's used for running SWF's on my hard drive.

I'm running Windows XP and I have the latest version of Flash Player. I know this because I've been installing it over and over again trying to fix this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

The standalone Flash Player (Projector) is not updated with the Flash Player browser add-ons; you need to download the latest standalone player manually from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standalone Flash Player (Projector) is not updated with the Flash Player browser add-ons; you need to download the latest standalone player manually from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, it looks like it's working now. Thank you. I didn't know it was called Projector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines