• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player reports conflict with MSN when trying to Install

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 (64) bit OS.  I was trying to view an ESPN video when the screen displayed "You Need to have Adobe Flash Player to view this content"  "Click here to continue"  This takes you to the Adobe Flash Player Down Load  for version 11.6.602.171.  Under Windows 7 Control Panel, Program & Features, Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.171 is listed as installed.   I tried to download the current version and the program was downloaded.  Then I went through the install routine.  When the progress bar got to 50% it stopped and reported that MSN needs to be exited.  I closed MSN but the message came back to exit MSN.  I have tried this several times but always get to the same place and cannot complete the installation.  As a result, I cannot view quite a few internet videos.  How do I get Windows 7 and the internet sites I want to watch videos on to recognize I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Anything that uses Flash Player must be closed during the installation; this includes MSN.

Check with the Task Manager's Processes tab if it is still running in the background; end the process if it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that uses Flash Player must be closed during the installation; this includes MSN.

Check with the Task Manager's Processes tab if it is still running in the background; end the process if it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I had closed MSN and it was no longer shown as a running application,  the msn.exe was still running when I went to the Process Tab.  When I stopped the msn.exe process, the installation worked flawlessly.  I went back to ESPN to view the video that I wanted to see and it also played without any further issues.  Thank you very much for this information.  I have had this problem for quite awhile but finally got so frustrated that I decided to contact the forum.  I had no idea that even if an application was ended, a process could still be running.  Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines