Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe Digital Editions issue

Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install Adobe Digital Editions.  It installs OK, however, i get a blank digital editions screen and then a windows error.  I am using Windows XP so I am wondering if this could be the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could well be.

Try v1.7.2

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you have Win XP SP3. Try installing it using a different browser and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 1.7.2 as sjpt says.  Version 2 also doesn't like older AMD processors apparently.  I had a similiar problem until I uninstalled V 2 and installed 1.7.2

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message.  I did install 1.7.2 and was able to download a book from our public library.  However, when I plug in the Nook to my computer it does not appear on the on the digital editions screen so I am still unable to download it to the Nook.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the book is readable in digital editions then your first problem has been solved.  There are a lot of comments about problems with the Nook and several solutions in other threads.  If none of them work then ask another question, there is a lot of help available on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it a dedicated Nook eReader, or a Nook tablet?

For a tablet you some sometimes need to 'sideload' the .epub file; that is to copy it from the PC to the Nook using a file manager such as Windows Explorer.  As long as  you have Adobe DRM compatible ereader software installed on the Nook and that is registered with ...

Bluefire is one such app I have found good.  There may well be one preinstalled on any Nook tablet (???).

For a dedicated eReader, you should also be able to sideload to the reader the same way; but might have problems getting it registered to your Adobe ID without ADE being able to see it.  My dedicated Sony eReader needs Sony software installed on the PC before ADE will see it.  Installing the Sony Reader software also installs a driver; and that driver enables ADE to 'see' the Sony even if you never run the Sony Reader software itself.  It shows up as a drive without the driver software, but not as an eReader device.  Maybe there is some similar stupidity with Nook eReaders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines