• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem using flash player

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday a message keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen saying flash player wants to install itself.  Flash player is already installed.  Why does this happen and how can I stop this message appearing everytime I open a new screen. Thank you for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

It doesn't ask to install anything, but it asks to run Flash Player.  Did you allow it?  If so, that message should not come back for the same website.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help troubleshoot we'll need the following system information:

Could you also take a screenshot of the message you are getting and post that in a reply?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system:  Windows 7 Home Premium  64-bits

Browser:  Internet Explorer

Flash Player Version 11.6

I can't copy the message, it's just above the taskbar and won't copy, but it reads:

'This webpage wants to run the following add-on: Adobe Flash Player from Adobe systems Incorporated.'

Then, it asks to allow it.

I have now tried using Chrome and this message doesn't open with Chrome on those pages where it does with Internet Explorer.  Also, on the day this problem started to occur, there had been a Windows update and I wonder if this update could be responsible for the problem with flash player.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't ask to install anything, but it asks to run Flash Player.  Did you allow it?  If so, that message should not come back for the same website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just realized that it was a security issue: I had to allow Flash Player on all websites. I have now done that and the problem appears to be resolved. I apologize for having taken up your time unnecessarily and thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines