• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords and description are not showing up

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't my key words show up when I veiw page source in Safari?  I'm setting them in muse by going to page, page properties, Metadata and filling in the description and keywords.  My site address is www.maltbylakeskennel.com

Thanks for any help.

dom

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dom,

Please check if you are able to view them correctly here http://maltbylakeskennel.businesscatalyst.com/.

If yes, please correct the domain settings. It is not clear if you would like to use 'This Service' or 'External' as your domain is not pointing to BC at all.

Thus, not resulting the correct page with the changes made.

Please check this for more help on using BC DNS service  -> http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/kb/change-domain-name-site.html

If you want to use external DNS service for your domain name check this -> http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/157/bc_157.html

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual issue is he is using iframes.

iFrames gallore and only one frame pointing to BC. There are also development urls in there in the mix as well.

Since the parent frame is the main frame of the site and this is not BC and has not much of anything this is what search engines see (nothing) and because it is not BC you have no meta there.

This is the problem (along with many others) in using iframes and If you would like to use BC properly, I am not sure how you have built the site but you want to ditch the iframes and use BC fully.

Then as TS-Rohit has mentioned you set up the domain properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam and TS-Rohit thank you for the reply.

Yes both www.maltbylakeskennel.com and http://maltbylakeskennel.businesscatalyst.com both

view correctly.  I am using BC and I created the site in Adobe Muse 4.0.

For some reason I just can't get the pointing to setting straight in my

head, here are the settings.  Can you let me know what needs to be changed?

Name                                                          Start Page/Domain Forwarding                             Country                  DNS

www.maltbylakeskennel.com                                 Forwards To - maltbylakeskennel.businesscatalyst.com                                        This Service

www.maltbylakeskennel.com (default URL)                          Start Page - Home Page                                              US                 This Service

maltbylakeskennel.worldsecuresystems.com (secure)               Start Page - Home Page                                              US                 This Service

maltbylakeskennel.com.maltbylakeskennel.com           Forwards To - maltbylakeskennel.businesscatalyst.com                                   External

maltbylakeskennel.businesscatalyst.com (system)                     Start Page - Home Page                                             US                 This Service

Thanks again for the help

dom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dom,

If you are planning to use BC DNS service, I would suggest to delete all the records by clicking on 'Delete' and then 'Yes Delete all' records. Try to add the domain again using New Domain -> Add as maltbylakeskennel.com , Set a Start page , Using this service,  and this will automatically create the records to point correctly to the Start Page.

You will need to replace any existing nameservers at you registrar to :

• ns1.worldsecuresystems.com
  • ns2.worldsecuresystems.com
  • ns3.worldsecuresystems.com

As explained here -> http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/kb/change-domain-name-site.html

If you face any issues further, kindly contact support via http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html on chat or raise a ticket.

We will be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again though, that is only one problem. The iFrames are another issue as mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the info I'll start on that later on tonight. What are

iFrames? I created this in Adobe Muse, does Muse use IFrames?

Thanks again.

dom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frames of content, you have several.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/IFrame-Inline-Frame

Muse does not build those by default so I am not sure how they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange all pages were made with Muse only.

dom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I have everything working and showing up the way it should. All I did

was rename the nameservers at my registrar to the ones you told me to and

that seems to have done it.

Everyone, thank you for all the help.

dom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines