• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2007 Jan 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage a multi platform development application. Most of our customers use windows but we have a significant amount of mac users and linux users. We are looking for a help authoring tool. I am considering robohelp but i am getting the impression it only workd for Internet Explorer or has severe limitations on firefox. Does robohelp work for firefox? What about on safari or firefox for mac? Is there a recommended alternative?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi epicwinter and welcome to our community. TBH I doubt you'll find a HAT that seemlessly works with all browsers. Sure RH works with Firefox and IE (can't speak for Safari as I've not used it) but just like any third party product how it reacts depends on what you're trying to do. That said, it's pretty rare that there are problems posted on here that can't be solved and that are problems with RH itself. Most of the time they're down to browser settings, local set-up, etc. You're best bet is to look back through these forums for issues and see what people have said. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You may also be interested in checking out a beta of CSS Advisor. Click on this link for further details. If it does as it says it will solve a lot of cross browser issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp