• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about 6.0 Trial Installation

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a 5.0 user who wants to try 6.0 without blowing 5.0 out of the water on my computer. Does anyone know if it's possible to have the two products running simultaneously on a single computer?

While I'm at it, one person I know reported getting an error when she attempted to open the downloaded file. Does anyone know about this (sorry--I have no details) or have any other installation advice that they wish to share with potential 6.0 trial users? Will a firewall screw things up, for example?

Thanks.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007
Yes, that explains it. Thanks for saving me several Adobe Website clicks to find it. Have a wonderful evening!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

I'm running Robohelp 6 trial on a PC with X5 FULL. Obviously, you need to be careful, particulary when opening existing projects. Just make sure you take a backup of your projects and do not run x5 and 6 at the same time. Also note, dual install is not 'recommended' by Adobe, so all the caveats apply.

Make sure you check out Peter Grainge's article on install, before you start:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/get_started.html

You should not get an error on downloading if you allow the Adobe Install Manager to run, you just needs you to allow the ActiveX control used by the Download Manager. This is the error the 'person' was probably talking about.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, Craig. Can you explain what you mean by "allow the Adobe Install Manager to run?" Do you mean that I would have to install directly from the download site, rather than download the file and then install? If that's the case, I'm sure it wouldn't work. For one thing, my access to the Adobe website is pathetically slow, with pages regularly timing out. Just getting to your reply took over a minute! Oddly, I don't have this problem with other websites.

But, I digress. I did look at the Grainge article, and, as usual, it's amazing. Thanks for the link.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the Adobe Download Manager, not install manager.

How to install the trial.

1. Go to the following page
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=robohelp&loc=en%5Fus
2. Register or enter you password.
3. Click the appropriate download button.
(note: there is also a button that opens up a window providing some help on downloading)
4. A security window will appear.
5 Click the 'Save' button rather than 'run'
6. Select a location.
7 When you start the download, the popup blocker will warn you that an activex control needs to be used - if you chose to allows this, the activex will use Adobe's Download Manager to help with the download. This manager allows you to restart if you lose your connection rather than starting from scratch.
8. Once the download is complete, run the trial install from the c:/ drive.

Is that more helpful?
thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, that explains it. Thanks for saving me several Adobe Website clicks to find it. Have a wonderful evening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp