• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sound quality problems

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded sound (speach) elements for a number of slides. The sound quality was good.
Than I added background music from a Macromedia sample file (Loop Acoustic Mellow.mp3). The sound quality of my oral explanations dropped dramatically. I removed the background music. But quality level remained the same and I cannot go back to the initial level. Is this a common phenomenon? Should I rerecord the sequences.
Thanks
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention: the loss of quality does not occur in the dev environment when previewing slide or movie. It gets substantially worse when comiling into a standalone exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You need to watch closely - a) recording resolution (sonds fine if you are happy with it), b) resolution of background (included loops are lower resolution mp3; you can import better), and most importanly c) resolution for final output.

It may be that your narration audio is reduced to the same resolution of the background audio (or worse?) and then you're wondering why it happened. The presence of the background loop is not the issue. I've experimented with this.

Hopefully you can go back to the original project and render it again, watching the audio output spec. To keep file size down, tons of audio can get thrown away. This is okay to a point; make sure you haven't drifted down to 8 bit resolution which is unacceptable. Have done tons of work at 11K sample rate mono 16 bits...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources