Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot stop Adobe Message coming up

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I keep getting a message coming up on my screen from Adobe Flash Player and I cannot stop it !

The message is as follows:

A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer.

This program will open outside of protected mode.  Internet Exporer protected mode helps protect your computer.

If you do not trust this website, do not open this program

Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Systems Incorporated

It doesn't matter whether I press yes allow or do not allow - it still keeps coming up - I have had this problem for a few weeks now and I have run my Anti Virus software and Malware etc, but to no joy - it still keeps coming up.

I don't think  that it is coming from yourselves - I think it is a virus?

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit

And I use Internet Explorer

Can anyone please help me get rid of it?

I have done a screen print if there is anyway I can send you it?

Thank you and kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the app is signed by Adobe, you should be safe.  Please post the screenshot by clicking the camera icon in the forum's reply toolbar.  I'd also recommend checking that protected mode is enabled in IE's internet options.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. From the Internet Explorer toolbar, choose the gear menu icon and then select Internet Options.
  3. In the Internet Options window, click on the Security tab.
  4. Below the "Security level for this zone" area, check the Enable Protected Mode checkbox.
  5. Click OK on the Internet Options window.
  6. Restart Internet Explorer

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for your reply.  I looked at my 'protected mode' to see if it was enabled in IE's Internet Options and it was already 'checked'

I have been trying to post my screenshot by clicking the camera icon in this toolbar, but when I browse my documents and click on insert image - a message comes up saying 'the content type of this image is not allowed' !

It is a WordDoc2007 (*docx) or a .wps extension which is a Microsoft Works document and no matter which image I try to 'insert' - the message is still the same.

I am desperate now because no matter what website I go on - your message comes up - and everytime the website is loading it comes up quite a few times when a page is loading.  Even while I've been doing this reply to you - everytime I click on a link to take me somewhere on the site - it comes up! 

Perhaps if I can send you the screenshot by email - it may work?  At least then you would be able to see the screenshot?

I have just thought about sending you the screenshot as a picture, but I don't have 'Paint' - any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To post a screenshot it must be an image file - JPG, PNG, GIF.  For more details see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link Pat!  I need to keep this one handy.

You can also send the screenshot directly to ccampbel@adobe.com but posting on the forum will get you the widest audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines