• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full text search only links to first page of PDF

Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a merged Webhelp project in RH HTML 9. The 'parent' project has lots of PDFs as baggage files and linked to in the main TOC. I added them as baggage files so that they would be included in the full text search facility, which works, but...

...the search results open the PDFs at the title page, rather than at the pages containing the search term. Is there any way to make it link to the relevant pages?

Thanks for any help,

Katherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Alternatively is there an alternative search engine I could incorporate into the Webhelp somehow that could do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sound of tumbleweed blowing through the tundra suggests no one is aware of a solution. Personally I'd have thought that the only way you can get this to work would to link to a PDF bookmark. The problem is I am unaware how you'd get ANY search to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the ZoomSearch topic on my site. ZoomSearch does have a Word and PDF add-on and I think it will do what you want. However, I cannot be sure without testing. You could contact WrenSoft and ask. They are very helpful and know about the topic on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies.

I'd forgotten about ZoomSearch Peter - I've read your topic on it before. That might well be the answer then. I'll have a look and see if it'll do the trick.

I've got another related question too, but it might be different enough to warrrant a new thread...

Thanks again

Edit: unfortunately, it looks likes this is a 'no-go' for any search engine now: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/highlighting_pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No go as far as highlighting is concerned but does that also mean it will not go to the correct page?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read it that the functionality now locked down in Acrobat was required for both highlighting and jumping to the relevant page(s), as the subheading is "How do I enable Jump to match and highlighting...".

Perhaps it's worth double-checking with Wrensoft though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree the heading makes it sound like what you want is not available but the text seems to be based more on highlighting.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp