• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone succeeded in creating Help for Microsoft Dynamics 2012 using RoboHelp?

Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our contractor recommended we use FrameMaker/Robohelp to create help for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. After we bought the software, our contract turned around and said that the help couldn't be built using these tools due to metadata requirements. Has anyone actually attempted to create help for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 using RoboHelp? If so what were the results and conclusions?         

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any posts about creating help for MS Dynamics on any forum!

Have you tried adding the metatags? Can you explain why they are needed? Maybe the answer to that will prompt someone to come up with a solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this site that details how to modify help for Dynamics.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/cc150854.aspx

Given this may be a proprietary help format, you may be limited to editing individual files, rather than the whole help suit as a project, which kind of means RH  isn't really appropriate. I suspect the same applies to Framemaker, but I've never used it, so could be completely wrong.

Hopefully the MS pages help with deciding your requirements.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp