• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App upload form AJAX submission, is it possible?

New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm simply trying to add ajax submission to the Web App Upload Form and not having any luck. Is it possible for this particular form or not campatable?

Below is the "action" attribute:

action="/CustomContentProcess.aspx?CCID=14722&OID={module_oid}&OTYPE={module_otype}&JSON=1"

I take it this particular form doesn't allow for JSON as I'm not having any issues with other forms.

If anyone has achieved this before it would be great to hear that it's possible.

Cheers,

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved I have it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you sharing the resolution...I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you share how you solved the problem? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have the solution to post here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not get a json response as it is only supported on web forms but it is a post and in jquery for example you have .post() and .ajax() - Read up on them and you can submit any form through ajax. You just need to learn and understand how to handle the responses that are returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam, really appreciate your advice so far!

I've spent quite a bit of time on this but I'm still a novice at jquery which doesn't help. This is what I've come up with so far:

http://www.kiph.co.za/catalog_test3.html

I can't seem to process the form successfully. I've tried intergrating http://demo.businesscatalyst.com/json-form technique but as you pointed out /Default.aspx doesn't elicit a json response. Was just wondering if you had any suggestions on what I've done so far?

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/
Follow that, key is the data type your getting.

If it is not JSON what happens when you fill in a form normally, what is the result? A page hey, so that would mean it is......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so that got me to pull an all nighter, thanks Liam .

I seem to have to the form to work except for some minor issues. First is the form keeps on duplicating itself, this is hidden but I'm unsure if it might be problematic later on... Second is I'm occasionally getting an error Object repose for some reason... might be my syntax?

Here the demo: http://www.kiph.co.za/catalog_test3.html

Here's the code:

<script type="text/javascript">

function jqsub() {

var $f = $('#contact_form');

var $m = $('#message');

$.ajax({

type: 'POST',

url: "/Default.aspx?CCID=30913&FID=155131&ExcludeBoolFalse=True&PageID={module_oid}",

dataType: "html",

data: $f.serialize(),

success: function(data) {

var formResponse = data;

$('#message').html(data);

$f.fadeOut(); //Hide the form

//Hide the form $f.fadeOut();

},

error: function(data) {

alert('error'+data);

return false;

}

});

}

</script>

<!--<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function(){

if( document.URL.indexOf("Default.aspx") < 0){

$("#CAT_Custom_471904 > [value='{module_visitorcountrycode}']").attr("selected", "true");

$("form[name='catcustomcontentform83165']").submit();

}

})

</script>-->

<div id="message">

{module_webappsresults}

</div>

<form name="catcustomcontentform83165" method="post" onSubmit="return jqsub()" action="" id="contact_form" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<div class="webform">

<div class="item">

<label for="CAT_Custom_471904">Country</label>

<br />

<select name="CAT_Custom_471904" id="CAT_Custom_471904" class="cat_dropdown" onChange="jqsub()">

<option value="*">-- All --</option>

<option value="AC">AC</option>

</select>

</div>

<div class="item">

<input class="cat_button" type="submit" value="Search" />

</div>

</div>

</form>

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you viewed the console to see what happens when you post so you know what actually is returned with data? , Because it is html you do not need to serilize it. Here is what that does;

http://api.jquery.com/serialize/

Best question for me is what are you trying to achieve? It hard to understand the goal.

I can see you are trying to self post to the same page, You can use self page loading to counter some issues but it may be easier for you at first to have the webapp results on another page and change the pageid to id and a specified page and post to that page and only have the results there. Your data will contain the whole html and you can then easily find and filter out the content you want and render it in a div.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

My objective is to display the relevant shipping details of an item on the Products Detail Page (For example ETA, Shipping Cost, Shipping Method and Return policy).  On the product detail page load i would like to have the customers current country details displayed automatically (using {module_visitorcountrycode}) however maintain the option for the user to change the shipping destination to alternative countries.

I'm hoping too achieve a similar functionality to eBay’s "shipping details" at the end of the day.

When using the demo(http://www.kiph.co.za/catalog_test3.html) select ZA from the dropdown to see the desired response.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of what I'm trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusing because your doing web apps etc not products and you can achieve shipping options just using attributes on products and css for visitor country selctions and bits of scripts. I etheir mentioned that to you in another thread or someone else.

You can cut half of what your doing and be a lot more siplistic in implementation and achieve exactly the same as I see it.

Sorry, bit confused to what your doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam, the reason I'd like to go with the web app is that I'll be setting up international shipping for a number of countries plus with the web app I can use the same database in the support section and other parts of the site.

I've basically got the web app working fine now (http://www.kiph.co.za/catalog_test3.html ), the only issue now is that when I copy the code into the product details page the form returns a 404 error back form the action url...

I'm not to sure why this is happening but I've got a feeling that I could be the {mo dule_oid} is the page ID rather than the web app ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get a default web app submission form and just the action, yours is incorect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines