• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install Flash player.

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 OS and 64 bit Internet Explorer 9.

I have worked through all the suggested fixes but all the settings appear to be right.

On some sites I get sound to start and stop by clicking in the area where the video should be.

The installation says it has been successful but it is not installing.

Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "not installing"; do you see it in your Control Panel | Programs & Features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Thanks for reply. Yes, being positive the programme does appear in that location, but the only option I get is to uninstall, not change or repair?

Can I provide any other info?

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

Thanks for these. I have followed all 3 but I still cannot see the animation at

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

where the comment is that this indicates flash player is not installed.

The add-ons for flash player 11 and shockwave 12 are both enabled. I also downloaded the latest versions again today. I first uninstalled shockwave but did not uninstall Flash Player. IE9 Active X filter is off. I then restarted my computer.

I have not changed the version of the graphics drivers on my computer. This is because the intel troubleshooting site suggested the download would be generic and that the pc provider has made specific graphics drivers. The Radeon update site said much the same, and that the current version 13.4 dated 29 May 2013 requires Intel 3rd generation.

The laptop I am using is an HP Pavilion dm4 notebook PC with second generation Intel Core i5 processor.

The graphics drivers are:

Intel (R) HD  Graphics Family (string.....3000) version 8.882.2.0 driver date 17 Aug 11 and

Radeon (TM) HD7470M also version 8.882.2.0 driver date 17 Aug 11

Could a different software be affecting the performance of this? E.g. a microsoft prucuct such as Silverlight?

Should I have uninstalled Flah Player before downloading again? Not sure what else to do.I would appreciate any further thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact that you can get some sound indicates that Flash Player is actually installed and partially working.

But you cannot get video, which still lets me suspect the graphic card drivers.

What I would do in your situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines