• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a problem with the latest version of Flash Player 11 (11.6.602.171) and webcams?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a problem with the latest version of Flash Player 11 (11.6.602.171) not being able to work with webcams?  I am trying to get mine to work with Defense Connect Online (DCO) and DCO Connect 8.2 with no luck (no video or microphone modulation).  It sees my Logitech C920 webcam in the settings windows, but all I get when I activate the webcam is a black screen, and no modulation when the microphone is activated.  My webcam works fine on DCO on my older computer.  I am running Flash Player 11 (11.4.402.265). 

The computer with problems is running Window 7 64-bit and  IE8.

The computer with no problems is running Windows XP 32-bit and IE8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested my camera out (also a C920) with this site: http://www.testmycam.com/ and the video worked fine.  I used Win7x64 and IE9 with Flash Player 11.6.602.180

Picture loaded up fine.  I tested the microphone out using this page: http://www.midomi.com/index.php?action=main.mic_check

Again, no problems recording.  Could you try updating your version of Flash Player and give these pages a try?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris for the suggestion.  I loaded the new version of Flash Player, went to testmycan.com and it still did not work.  I then tried the camera on my old machine and it worked.  I did notice that the window that asks you to Allow or Deny Camera & Microphone Access pop up on the screen for my Windows XP machine, but did not on my Window 7 machine.  I am not sure if it matters for this pop-up window, but I did have pop-up blockers turned off.  Not sure what settings would cause this.  My flash privacy settings are set to ask for permission to connect.

R/Pete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allow the camera on your Flash Player Settings.  Right-click on any Flash content, then select Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines