Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable Back/Forward buttons in WebHelp?

Jun 29, 2006 Jun 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate a WebHelp Pro output using my own skin or the default skin, the RoboHelp back and forward buttons are disabled? The brower buttons still work. Is there a way to enable the RoboHelp buttons? The rest of the navigation features (i.e. Index, Search buttons) are functional. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Hi MeeruFen.

If you are referring to the buttons in the position displayed in the image below, these are used by topics that form part of a Browse Sequence. They are only active if the topic displayed forms part of one.

bs1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the answer to this one. No need to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've just noted that this was from 2006, but I wondered if you would be able to explain how you fixed this as I am also having the same problem. I have no idea on how to get the Next and Previous buttons to display...

Many thanks!

MeeruFen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MeeruFen.

If you are referring to the buttons in the position displayed in the image below, these are used by topics that form part of a Browse Sequence. They are only active if the topic displayed forms part of one.

bs1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry, I might sound a bit thick!!! Doh!

Are you saying that these buttons (yes the ones in your image are the ones I'm taling about) are not displaying because I haven't got my browse sequence set properly? I have a book and within that book I have headings 2 and 3 listed below it. My heading one is the topic at the top of all the books... Maybe I need to adjust how my headings are displayed?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if this helps:

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Rick! Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still like my method better Rick:

This has the same result as Rick’s solutions, but only requires a single generation: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2012/07/27/browse-sequences-webhelp-topics

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree. Your method is way better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp