Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying tag content layout?

Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble finding things in BC.    For instance, the page template for our product detail includes the tag for page content, but inside that is the popplets area which we want to modify with css to move below the detail image.  However, I can't find the layout inside the  content tag to modify its position. Perhaps it all needs to be done with CSS, but it isn't really easy to do and seems more prone to errors than if I could move the tag below the image manually, since I’d  have to use absolute positioning to move it below the natural flow.

TIA,
Jeff

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, {tag_pagecontent} only works and goes into templates. There depending on where you are you have different system layouts.

Either via FTP you have the Layouts folder or in the admin under the Site Manager and Module and System Layouts you can get to things like Product Large or small layouts etc.

But you are talking about CSS changes so you only need to change the CSS. Depending on what the site is you have and where you CSS is located and named you target and edit in there.

If you use firefox you can install an addon called firebug and you can find out what elements use what CSS and where that is located in the CSS>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow,  modifying page layouts did NOT work as expected.  Esp. "restore to default" does not restore the page to the default layout for that Design but to something else I think. It moved large image from left to right on the page, removed the border and made a lot of other changes.

Just weird.  Also, looking at the tag elements, the CSS positioning was changed on everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used a template the restore to default will restore to "factory" defaults like a phone or other device would, same concept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't.   Had to create a new site and use the same template and then copy and paste from the new site the page layout to recover.  Default does not restore it to the template's default but to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said a template you choose is NOT default. Default is as if it had nothing - If you create a site as "Start from scratch" which most of us experienced designers and developers use to build sites our way - that is the default output of the layouts.

A template is a pre-made thing, it is not a starting point for BC.

Important to understand that. Default will reset it to basics or "Factory reset" terms like I mentioned.

And from your own words you used a template so you did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then there ought to be a  revert button or the ability to undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines