• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When attempting to install Flash Player I get the message "Unable to install main bundle".

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already uninstalled all Adobe software except AIR. What should I do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?  OS X?  Can you also tell me the file name that you downloaded and the URL that you downloaded from?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7, the file name is

install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe and the url is

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers&os=Windows%207&browser_type=Gecko&browser_dist=Firefox&d=McAfee_Security_Scan_Plus_FireFox_Browser&dualoffer=false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted the install using Pat Willener's url. However, now I get the

message "The Extended Attributes Are Inconsistent". I'm lost here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like you're having a problem at a lower level than just Flash Player's installer.  I had something similar occur in the past and this was how I worked around it.

1. Go to the Sounds control panel (right click on the volume icon in the task bar and select sounds.)

2. Note the current sound scheme and then change the sound scheme to "No Sounds"

3. Click OK to apply the no sound scheme and close the dialog.

4. Try starting the installer up again

In my case, the UAC dialog prompt was failing to play the audio properly and that was causing the "Extended attributes are inconsistent" error.  There are probably other failure cases which can cause this with completely different solutions.  My suggestion would be to search google to see what comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines