• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player for Mac OS X 10.5.8

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to dowload the version of Adobe Flash Player for my version of software, as well as tried all the troubleshooting solutions on the help page and the installation still will not comlete! I have tried updating in firefox, chrome, and safari on my MacBook Pro Mac OS X 10.5.8. Please help!!! I do have an alias of some sort of Flash in my finder but I am unable to uninstall it or drag to the trash. I am so frustrated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file are you using to install from?  Assuming your Macbook is an Intel machine, if you haven't already, can you try this one?

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/10.3.183.68/install_flash_player_10_osx.dmg

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the one I was trying to install...I restarted my computer and it gets to 95% and then says installation failed....I then tried again and it fails after 6%...would the alias have anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes it is a Intel Core 2 Duo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the file and the finder window comes up it says 1 item, Zero KB available...what does this meanPicture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's normal, that's just the lack of free space for the mounted .dmg.

Could you try this?

Right click the Install Adobe Flash Player icon and select "Show Package Contents" from the context menu.  In the new finder window that appears, navigate into the Contents folder, then the Resources folder.  Find the "Adobe Flash Player.pkg" file and double click it.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it says that a newer version already exists on this volume...I have looked every where to find this version to uninstall or update but I can't find it? Where should I look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I got it...Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can some one help me to install this on my mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Since you're posting on an OS X 10.5.8 thread, I'm assuming you have a 10.5.8 system.  Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  The last supported version is 10.3.183.90, released 09-July-2013. It is available for download on the Archived Flash Player versions page.

This is very old, and Safari and Firefox will most likely block it, but you can by-pass the block.  Depending on the system hardware you may be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6.8 and install the latest version of Flash Player.  There is lots of information on the web about upgrading 10.5 systems to 10.6.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines