• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't my microphone work with Adobe Flash player?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Logitech webcam/mic works on Skype and other programs, but when I try to access my mic to record my voice for an online language class that uses Adobe Flash, nothing records.  I have allowed access for the website, and the webcam itself appears to work (I can see myself).  However, under the mic settings, the bars don't light up with my voice (like they do when I test my mic through the control panel).  I have tried 2 separate mics which work fine when testing through the control panel, but do NOT work with Adobe Flash.

I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash, and it still doesn't work.  I'm running version 11.6.602.180 on Vista (32 bit) and using Mozilla Firefox.  I've seen many other posts having similiar issues, but none resolved.  I'm completely frustrated, and need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the volume set in the Flash Player Settings?  Right-click on any Flash content and select Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried setting the record volume from the middle to all the way up. (Reduce echo is currently checked)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines