• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors Creating Java Stub for COM Object

Advisor ,
Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .NET assembly that I have exposed through COM. I am able to use the object with cfobject. I would like to create a java stub for ColdFusion 7. I have used the com2java tool to create the .java files from the .tlb for the com object, but am recieving error messages when I try to compile them.

Command used: javac -J-mx100m -J-ms100m *.java -classpath C:\CFusionMX7\lib\jintegra.jar

_ConnectProxy.java:26: illegal start of expression
static { .JIntegraInit.init(); }
^
IeConnectHelperProxy.java:26: illegal start of expression
^
2 errors

My platform is Windows 2003, ColdFusion 7.02

Any help is appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 18, 2007 Jan 18, 2007
I have not resolved this issue. I have worked around it by using an ASP.NET web service to expose the .NET assembly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2007 Jan 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not resolved this issue. I have worked around it by using an ASP.NET web service to expose the .NET assembly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was able to get past this step by editing the Java files referenced in the error message and removing the period in front of .JintegraInit.init() such that:

becomes:
static { JIntegraInit.init(); }

I have not completed a COM to Java conversion successfully though the error above did keep me stopped for a while.

I'm trying to work around the following error when intantiating a COM object: "The cause of this exception was that: AutomationException: 0x800a000d - Type mismatch." but have had no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad... that's the backup plan I'm looking at. I'll let you know if I find an answer. Has the performance on the web service been good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not great but it's acceptable, your opinion may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation