Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player issue

Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have embedded a youtube video into a PPT 2010 presentation and when I attempt to play the video I get an error message stating that I need an later version of Adobe Flash Player.  How do I know what version to download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you are on Windows, install the latest ActiveX version (Internet Explorer) from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if we already have the latest version of it? I've gone through and uninstalled the current version, and then reinstalled the most recent version of 10.. tried that, and then just updated back to the most recent 11.

Youtube has changed up their embed coding to iframe, which won't work in PPT. This is initially what we thought was the problem. Now Youtube has provided us with the old style embed codes, and that STILL doesn't work. So the logical immediate conclusion is that its something to do with Flash player, or next would be that there's something wonky with the old embed code and PPT not playing nice, but i don't think thats the case since we've seen youtube videos played in PPTs before.

This is a relatively new issue that needs to get figured out soon. Apparently there was some sort of editing of the code that could be done to get it to work properly, but i can't find anything on that at all.. so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reverted to Flash Player 10 (or any previous version), did your code start working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the PPT still gave me the same error. I have found a temporary work around that doesn't involve embeding anything from youtube directly. it involves downloading the video and then adding the video file in. so..

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon because it seems to be quite a problem for a lot of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a YouTube issue, not Flash Player.  I would definilte recommend posting on their forums if you haven't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see but i don't think its a Youtube problem. Yes it seems that this issue popped up when they changed their embed coding over to iFrame, but it seems that whole thought of it being iFrame is negated because they provide the same embed code as they had before specifically for purposes like this. and considering that a error needing the lastest flash player to be installed (when clearly the latest one has been installed) is being thrown when the video goes to get played, seems like potentially a flash player issue to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If reverting back to a previous Flash Player version doesn't solve the problem, then that leads me to believe this isn't something that was introduced in a recent Flash Player build.  If this started occuring recently, and we've ruled out that it wasn't a Flash Player change that caused it, the next likely issue is a change on the YouTube side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines