• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPUsniffer.exe will not accept my GeForce GTX 560 Ti using drivers newer than 296.10

Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my GPU drivers since the 296.10 version is over a year old, but the Mercury playback hack wouldnt work anymore. I was going bonkers all day today trying to troubleshoot the issue. I uninstaleld and reinstalled a bunch of times. GPUsniffer would give the notice that it "did not find any devices that support GPU computation". I went back to the old drivers and sure enough, GPUsniffer would detect it.

I wanted to make this post for people googling issues with the hack involving the cuda_supported_cards.txt file involving CUDA enabled GeForce cards that aren't officially approved by Adobe, and also so the engineers at Adobe can maybe look into their end to see if its the GPUsniffer.exe that is the problem with not being able to detect the drivers, or maybe it's Nvidia's problem on their end that the drivers can't be detected. At least you guys can talk to one another to straighten things out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

I have a 560 Ti running the 314.07 drivers and I use hardware MPE.  I don't bother with GPUSniffer any more -- I just delete the cuda_supported_cards.txt file.  Pr doesn't skip a beat and I get all of its CUDA goodness.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a user to user forum, with only sporadic postings by Adobe staff, you should file a bug report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 560 Ti running the 314.07 drivers and I use hardware MPE.  I don't bother with GPUSniffer any more -- I just delete the cuda_supported_cards.txt file.  Pr doesn't skip a beat and I get all of its CUDA goodness.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why dont you paste your gpusniffer results and your cuda.txt file in here for us to see. 99% of the time it is a typo in the txt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use a 560 Ti, and all drivers have worked no problems.  This isn't an nVidia or PP issue, something on your machine got wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys, i just went ahead and made a video showing you exactly what I'm doing and what happens with new and old drivers installed. You'll see that the new drivers simply do not work with everything else necessary to make the hack work remaining constant. In the middle of the video you might want to skip through since there's a long spot where the old drivers are installed.

I'm totally open to the fact that something could still be wrong on my end, but what can it be when this video shows the only difference between it working and not is clearly a driver change??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something could still be wrong on my end, but what can it be

I'm stumped on this myself.  I only know that it normally does work.  I just don't have any ideas about why it isn't for you.

I don't know how this might tie in, but I've never used GPUsniffer, or changed any of the nVidia settings.  Simply adding the card to the text file has always worked.  Maybe you've changed something in the nVidia settings that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I changed in the Nvidia side of things was selecting the premiere exe and setting the multi display acceleration to compatability mode as had been adivsed in many articles and videos explaining the hack. I have been tweaking those settings back and forth with the new drivers but they do nothing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a gtx 650 ti with the driver 314.14-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta but not work in cuda how to know if is working? i made a screen of gpusniffer but is diferent the answer some sugestion??? thanksgtx 650ti.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know if it's working by checking the PP settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but now that i seed that i put the gpusniffer of after effects, in premiere is thisgpusniffer sistem information.jpgsome sugestion???? thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete the cuda_supported_cards.txt file and you'll be good to go.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! realy now is working!!! thanks!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have followed this thread and I amd still not able to change the default player, only the Adobe Player is shown. When I use GPUSniffer the GeForce GTX 760 card is detected. I added the card to the cuda_supported_cards.txt that didn't work. I renamed the cuda_supported_cards.txt file, that didn't solve the problem. When I start Premiere Pro (CS5) I can choose "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration from the Video Rendering and Playback Renderer drop down. The driver is version 327.23, there is no newer driver available.

Can any suggest why I cannot set the player to the video card?

TIA,

Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking two different things here.  The Player used has nothing to do with hardware acceleration.  You can just leave it at Adobe Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can i get a walk through on how to do this? i have a GTX 750ti and am having this issue all of a sudden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines