• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlayer/LSM/WS6aa5ec234ff3f285139dc56112e3786b68c-7ff0.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

@cadesro@comcast.net

After downloading, you need to install Flash Player. Close the browsers and double-click the downloaded file.

In the following page, you have step-by-step information: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_heading_5

Could you please confirm, if you have done the same.

Also, ensure that you have disabled ActiveX Filter if you are using Internet Explorer 9:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filtering__if_you_are_using_Internet_Explorer_9_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have flashplayer 11.4.402.265 installed only 2 days ago. now i get a massage that i need flash player to view a video. can some one tell me what is wrong. this is not the first time it has happened. my OS is windows7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to the following page and let us know the Flash Player version installed?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read his question correctly, the very first thing he said is, "installed version XXXX." Didn't your read the question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook is just so slow, and I need help. My computer runs great, but Facebook is way to slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to watch out for the versions you downloaded. If you were at a free movie site and downloaded adobe from their website like MK2, and it is likely you got a bunch of unwanted junk on your pc at the sametime as the Adobe was being installed. Uninstahl it and go to google search and put in;

Latest version of Adobe Flash Player and then search for any updates from that same site. It should be the official Adobe flash player home page. I hope this works for you. I have I.E. and I am having a ton of miserable fun just trying to locate the proper Flash player that comes with the newest flash player plugin. Good Luck and let me know if this info helps you any. ddrdon1955@yahoo.com The Babtist/Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Adobe installed since I got this laptop 1.5 years ago. I always

install the updates from the adobe site. It is setup to update

automatically, whenever an update is available. This problem started after

an update to my laptop from I do believe Windows update approx. 3/15/13. I

have tried to uninstall and reinstall from adobe site but that did not

help. Still sound but no picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can unistall it and then use your backup files and put in another backup windows and set it to like a day or two prior to when this problem started.

Just go to the start menu and then to programs and then accessories and then to system tools and then restore to earlier date.

Be sure to delete all your temp files and cookies first and then restore to earlier time. I would appreciate it if you let me know if this helps you. It's a good feeling when you can help someone out of a Jam. The Babtist-Don If you get stuck then feel free to email me and I will be glad to help if I can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opened the above page it shows      NO FLASH PLAYER.   my computer control penal shows flash player version 11.4.402.265 installed on 9/11/2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if ActiveX Filtering is disabled.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filt...

I am assuming you are on Internet Explorer 9. If not, please let me know your browser.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for prompt reply.

i am on internet explorer 9

x filtering is disabled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting IE. Go to Tools, Internet Options, choose the last tab called Advanced, then "Reset". This will reset IE to its default functionality. This will most likely solve the problem. It will reset your default start page though, so be prepared to change that setting back. Let me know if this did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting IE has solved the problem. thanks Geeks2You thanks SUNIL. What could possibly have created this problem??????? if you have an answer that will help me in future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the Flash Player add-on was disabled; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks pat.   i am wiser now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to I tell flashplayer NOT to run YouTube and other content without specific authorization each time? I hate having these things start on their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in mozilla firefox install add-ons : Flashblock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Flashplayer installed, hen I go to games in Facebook I get a message to upgrade flashplayer. I removed flashplayer and reinstalled it but I still can't play games and the same message appears. I have done this 3 times with no success. Please help. Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to the following doc and let us know the Flash Player version you have?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to am having trouble with Face Book games !!!! Have latest of Flash Player since loaded my games won't load & one won't connect to server !!!! What's up ??? Have windows 7 pro. & enternet explorer ie9 !!!! I'm having Candy Crush withdrawals !! HELP PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary52730 explains exactly what has been happening to me. I was instructed to access facebook/IE by way of my desktop due to the way Windows 8 is set up. I have done that. Still have same problems. Plus, games do not want to download. Would like this all straightened out before I pull my last hair out of my head. Another thing, Microsoft informed me that it was set up in such a way that you do not need add ons??? I was playing games on facebook just fine for several weeks when I got the pop up that cut off the games and told me I had to download the latest version. Makes no sense to me. I hope you finally read something from me and work to fix the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.4.402.265 is the latest Flash Player installed. Runnig Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 (12C54). Drop down window states I need to install the latest Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RRDude - What down down window are you referring to?  Can you take a screenshot and post it in a reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed the follow steps repeatedly and restarted my browser but still receive the security error while trying to preview my Flash project in a browser:

Trusted Location Settings...

Use this tab to specify locations on your computer that containing SWF or FLV content that you trust. Trusted content is not subject to the security rules that prevent content from accessing both the Internet and your local computer’s file system.

To specify trusted locations for developer testing

On the Advanced panel, under Developer Tools, click Trusted location settings and then click Add.

Enter the location on your computer that contains the trusted content, or click Browse files or Browse for folder to locate the file or folder to trust. If you specify a folder instead of a file, then all of its contents (including subfolders) become trusted as well.

Click Confirm to add the domain, file, or folder to the list of trusted locations.

I am using:

Flash Player Version: 11.3.300.265

Browser: Mozilla Firefox

Any clues?

Thanks,

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines