• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users controlling video in Captivate

Jul 13, 2008 Jul 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I need to include a video in captivate and from what I can see, it starts playing when I reach that particular slide. Will I be able to give users better control on the video, for example, a start/pause button, a replay button?

thanks
JT
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning JT

Assuming you are referring to a Flash Video here? If so, there are settings for Flash Video that offer a "Skin" (playback control). When you use a skin, normally the video is paused until your user clicks the Play button.

If you are referring instead to a Full Motion clip, you could use a Button or Click Box object to pause the slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick
The videos were supplied by a third party therefore they were alread in .swf format. I know how to assign a button to start playing the clip, but i cant figure out how to PAUSE. Any advice?

thanks
JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again Rick,
Just to clarify, the Captivate playbar will be deactivated during playback due to client request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources