Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashplayer plug upgrade/install 11.6.602.180 failed because Trojan Horse

Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer plug upgrade/install 11.6.602.180 failed because Trojan Horse was detected by my antiviral software.

Please can you help?

Prof_ST

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modify antivirus

Script for automatic updates some programs identify as a Trojan horse

you have to put in trusted sources adobe installer

or simply do the following: disable antivirus, install adobe, Switch on antivirus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wojislav,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I can do that but don't you think that it would be preferable if the installer/update script didn't evoke this response? None of my other software updates does and while I would like to trust people, these days it gets harder and harder when folks are willing to lie and cheat at the drop of a hat and without compunction. It does not help either that false sites (Adobe mimics) have been installing Trojan Horses so it would be safer all around to remove that foible. It is just not very good. Or at least, it does not look very good, which amounts to the same thing at first glance.

Thanks again for you concern.

Prof_ST

-

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:06:45 +1000 Wojislav <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote -

Re: flashplayer plug upgrade/install 11.6.602.180 failed because Trojan Horse

created by Wojislav in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion Modify antivirus

Script for automatic updates some programs identify as a Trojan horse

you have to put in trusted sources adobe installer

or simply do the following: disable antivirus, install adobe, Switch on antivirus

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5154714#5154714

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is obviously a false positive; is it still happening?

If yes, I recommend that you download and install the update manually from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines