• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the latest version of flash player not work even after it says I have successfully download

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me? I have tried to download the latest version several times of flashplayer. It shows that is has downloaded successfully but when I try and watch a video or listen to Pandora music it tells me that I am still missing the plugin?? I am extremely frustrated and I am not alone it seems. The previous version I had worked fine. Why mess with that?? Now I cannot play videos or listen to anything. PLEASE HELP??!! Would love to be able to fix this soon. I use Firefox as my browser. I am on a dell CPU with Windows XP. Like I said the previous version was working wonderfully but all of a sudden I am told that the plugin is not there and to update. Why???? When I check my programs in control panel it shows the program there but anything using video tells me it is not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You write downloaded, but did you also install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the installation where the bar shows the percentages downloaded and installed. Once it shows 100% it asks me to click Finish. I do. Then I go to yahoo to check and it continues to show that the plugin is missing and that I need to download Adobe Flash which I thought that I just did. Am I missing something in terms of installing??

Kent M. Farrar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the contents of page that is displayed when you go to the "about:plugins" page in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry...

You need Adobe Flash to play this video..  Download Flash

Kent M. Farrar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry...

You need Adobe Flash to play this video..  Download Flash

The above is what I get even after installation is supposedly complete.

Kent M. Farrar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Shockwave Flash plugin enabled in Firefox?

And please post the result from what Chris asked you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines