• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please advise? After 17/03/2013 Adobe update, Flash Player uninstalls itself on reboot.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise.  After 17/03/2013 Adobe update, Flash Player uninstalls itself on reboot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to investigate what's occurring.  Would you be willing to run the following steps to generate a debug log for me?  If this looks like too much work, please let me know and if you're willing we can schedule a quick desktop sharing session so I can do this on your system for you.

1. Download “SetACL (executable version)_2.zip” from: http://bit.ly/WEppuY

2. Extract the appropriate “SetACL.exe” from either the 64 bit or 32 bit folder and place it alongside the flash_report.bat file attached to this post.

3. Right click flash_report.bat and select “Run as administrator”

Once run, please copy/paste the contents of the flashreport.txt file into a reply.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

This took some understanding, especially as the flash_report.zip file was

only shown in the forum and was not included with your email. Attached is

the flashreport.txt file as requested.

Regards,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for doing that.  Could you email the flashrerport.txt file to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com)?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Is anybody out there?

As requested, the flashreport.txt file was forwarded to ccampbel@adobe.com 12 days ago, on 18 March at 20:50, and I have received no further mail on this problem, which still exists.

In order to avoid repeat downloads, I have burned the file install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe onto a CD, which I am using to reinstall Flash Player every time I boot up my PC.

If anyone can provide me with a more practical solution to the fault, I would prefer it.

Thanks,

oldisnew44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I came across a possible solution by R Reeve on https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/929568 and after following this suggestion it appears that Flash Player is halfway there.  On BBC iPlayer there is the white overlayed flash "iPlayer" button and the white star "Add To Favourites" button, but the download icon, beneath the "Add To Favourites" button, is missing until I re-install Flash Player 11.7.700.169 over the existing Flash Player 11.7.700.169.  Without the download feature, Flash Player does not stream.  I get the impression that after the PC boot up, Flash Player does not connect to a server.  I have tried disabling the firewall to no avail.  Can you advise again please?

Thanks,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Due to a complete lack of assistance after the initial response, it has taken me five and a half weeks to resolve this matter.  Somehow a folder permissions issue had arisen, when there wasn't one before.  The Macromed and Flash folders were padlocked in Windows Explorer and it was necessary to take ownership of the relevant folders and files so that Flash Player would work fully after a reboot.   This forum can now be closed.  Problem solved at last.

Regards,

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines