• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Management in Adobe Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to enable color management in Adobe Flash Player? I want to see color-managed-video on some sites that use Flash Player (like YouTube). I've looking for the solution anywhere, but happened not to found one. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

I've found the solution! For anyone who have a problem with wide gamut monitor, follow this procedure for the "correct" color on browser:

I assume you use Chrome Browser, as I didn't find the solution with Firefox.

1. Right click on Chrome shorcut, properties, then in the target text box, add: 

"--enable-monitor-profile" "--disable-gpu" after the target link.

press okay. You should always run the Chrome Browser from that shorcut, otherwise it won't run properly.

2. Voilà. Its don

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this is driven by the content and might be browser dependent - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/quickstart/color_correction_as3.html

However, I'd try disabling hardware acceleration to see if that makes a difference.  I wouldn't be surprised if using the GPU altered the way this works.

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, Chris. I've used color managed firefox browser, and chrome browser. Both of them shows the same, oversaturated color. For the content,  yes. Firefox does show the profile color, but the flash player didn't show it. What makes me confused is, how could the non-wide-gamut monitor could show at least the "standart" sRGB, but wide gamut can't? I've tried to disabling the hardware accleration with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at this point I'd recommend opening a bug report at bugbase.adobe.com so we can do some deeper investigation.  Color management is tricky and I wouldn't want to weigh in without due diligence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the solution! For anyone who have a problem with wide gamut monitor, follow this procedure for the "correct" color on browser:

I assume you use Chrome Browser, as I didn't find the solution with Firefox.

1. Right click on Chrome shorcut, properties, then in the target text box, add: 

"--enable-monitor-profile" "--disable-gpu" after the target link.

press okay. You should always run the Chrome Browser from that shorcut, otherwise it won't run properly.

2. Voilà. Its done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!  I'm not surprised that disabling gpu was critical, just didn't know you needed to do it at the browser level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your time to following up my question. I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines