• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Administrator unable to install flash player in the administrator account

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install the lastest version of flash player in the administrator account for use by IE. The error talks about not having enough priviledges.  The administrator should be able to install the product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer from helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header and save it to disk, then close all browser windows, right-click on the downloaded installer and select Run as Administrator.

If you still get a problem, please provide the full and exact error message or a screenshot.  Also tell us what Windows version you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to load Adobe Flash player 11. The error message is as follows: The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player.

I was unable to retrieve the offline installer from helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header. I am running windows 7 Home Premium version 6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601 with IE 10.0.9200.16521.

Hope this information helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to investigate what's occurring.  Would you be willing to run the following steps to generate a debug log for me?  If this looks like too much work, please let me know and if you're willing we can schedule a quick desktop sharing session so I can do this on your system for you.

1. Download “SetACL (executable version)_2.zip” from: http://bit.ly/WEppuY

2. Extract the appropriate “SetACL.exe” from either the 64 bit or 32 bit folder and place it alongside the flash_report.bat file attached to this post.

3. Right click flash_report.bat and select “Run as administrator”

Once run, please copy/paste the contents of the flashreport.txt file into a reply.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve followed the steps, downloaded and saved the SetACL file, went to the 64 bit file and run the .exe file as administrator but have not seem any output. If you feel it would be better to schedule a sharing session to repair this issue I would be glad to have the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, I forgot to attach the .bat file to my post!  Could you download this .zip, extract the .bat file and place it next to the setacl.exe file.  Once in place, right click the flash_report.bat and that should generate the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry but I did not receive an attachment with the last email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to visit the forum to see the attachment.  For some reason these aren't sent with the email notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve copied the bat file but it looked empty. Will you be available tomorrow. I need to stop right now and won’t be able to continue tonight. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'll be around tomorrow.  Thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will contact you when I’ll be available. Should be late in the morning I’m on the east coast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that the bat file work this time and here is the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srabau wrote:

Seems that the bat file work this time and here is the results.

What exactly is the result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the results of the script. I sent them to Chris Campbell [ <mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com> mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com] yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I didn't receive anything.  Can you try mailing them to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com or copy/paste the contents of the log into a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines