• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the Adobe ID I use when entering my serial number tied to my software?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to the Adobe account it asks to login with, is this account tied to the installed product long term?  I ask because I do not want to embed my own ID and be forced to eternally support the machine every time it needs work.  I need to be able to set this up so anyone in our I.S. department can support the software, patch, etc.

I tried asking this of the chat support group but after hours and two transferred sessions, I ran out of time yesterday.  It sounds like you know what you're talking about, so I am hopeful that this is a better route to a real answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion.  If you have a retail license of Creative Suite 6 then the Adobe ID you used to sign in will also be used to register the software.  You may want to set up an Adobe ID which uses an e-mail address accessible by anyone who may need to contact support regarding the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a volume licensed version.  Our first install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the serial number is already tied to your organization.  Any Users which would need assistance would need to verify your organization's information.  The Adobe ID you used to Sign in will not affect the support which is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!  Thank you very much, sir.  I just didn't want to make an uninformed choice that ended up haunting us for the next year.  I was able to successfully serialize the software and it seems to work perfectly without requiring that ID to be logged in my other users on the PC (so support can install it without the user present using the support tech's login and the end user can use it under their personal login).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines