• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spelling Check of Book Crashes Frame 10

Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I run the spelling checker for a  Frame 10 book (note, this doesn't happen with individual documents), and when it gets to a repeated word, I get the familiar "can't add repeated words to dictionary" warning, I click "OK," and then I get the dreaded "Internal Error" crash screen. This was happening also with the extra space preference (when you have terms like file types such as ".jpg" or ".bnp").

I totally uninstalled and reinstalled Frame, and it worked OK for a few runs, then it started crashing again.

Any ideas? I don't want to turn off "repeated words" because sometimes they are typos, and sometimes not.

-Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say I ever had that happen in FM10 myself - maybe your dictionaries have become corrupted? You could try renaming your Linguistics folder outside of FM & then start FM up - it should recreate a fresh copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A co-worker is having a similar problem, but it occurs on the second mispelled word, not necessarily a double word. In the past, renaming the Linguistics folders (there's one in AppData\Roaming\Adobe and one in AppData\LocalLow\Adobe) has fixed the problem, but not this time. I've also tried renaming the 10 folder (AppData\Roaming\FrameMaker\10), that didn't work either. Anyone have any other ideas?

Curiously enough, I belive the last time it happened at my company I found same-day posts from other users in other companies. Are the Adobe gremlins acitve again?

-ebpxd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.

It does seem to occur on the second misspelled word. And now, after reinstalling, it only occurs when it encounters a repeated word, which for me in certain cases is not an error. But I don't want to turn off repeated words, because sometimes it actually is a mistake (as in "the the").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with this procedure. How exactly do I accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset the Linguistics folders or the "10" folder, just rename the current ones. I usually add "-old" to the end, so "Linguistics" becomes "Linguistics-old". This will force FM to recreate the folders and the files they contain, effectively resetting them to the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks.

The Linguistics folder has a subloder "Dictionaries," which then has a bunch of sub-folders. It will recreate these as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will recreate all the necessary folders and files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I successfully did this, but the problem persists.

I get the following error code when Frame crashes, which seems to be associated with PostScript errors.

10024, 7687848, 7688138, 10076935

I have no idea how spell checking a book would cause a PostScript error though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines