• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink options do not work

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design View, when you choose Hyperlink Properties and bring up the dialogue box, there are 3 options:

- Display in frame

- Display in auto-sizing pop-up

- Display in custom-size pop-up

I want to choose the third, with a custom-size pop-up. I am able to select this with the radial button. But when I populate the Link to: box with the URL, the second two options in this list disappear, and it defaults back to Display in Frame radial button, and you can then only choose from the drop-down menu items associated with this option.

I also tried changing the Link to: option to e-mail or an image, but still same problem.

This is not how the RH documentation describes it as working, and it seems to go against reason.

Can anybody explain what I'm missing or confirm that this is a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You said: "But when I populate the Link to: box with the URL".

Would I be correct in assuming that you are attempting to link to an external URL such as http://www.Google.com or something like that, that is external to your help system?

If so, I'm not surprised that the option fails to work for you. And I'm doubtful it's a bug, but more of a lack of documentation as to why that feature isn't available when linking outside the help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, it is an external URL. However, it did do that, too, when I tried it with an image file in the project. Either way, this seems like it should be controllable this way. Choosing New Window from the Display in frame drop down opens it up in another browser tab, but it's not the same experience for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, not the same experience, but the only way I'm aware of to coax an external link into a specified window size is to develop your own JavaScript code to do that.

There are some ways you might work past the limitation.

One way would be to create a topic that performs a redirect to the desired URL. Then pop that topic up.

The other way is similar. Create a topic containing an Inline Frame (IFRAME) and configure the IFRAME to point to the desired URL. Again, you would pop up the topic containing the IFRAME.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp