• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime I plug in my reader ADE crashes

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE crashes everytime I plu my aluratex libre reader. I can view ADE without the reader being plugged but as soon as it is connected with the USB port it stops working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using ADE2.0, try 1.7.2 instead and see if it works better.

Several people have had issues with ADE2.0 and various readers.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just tried that and it still crashes as soon as I plyg the ereader in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be that there is some aluratex software you need to install before it will work right. 

With my Sony device, it is seen as a external drive just plugging in without adding any software, but it needs a special driver to be seen by ADE.  The driver is installed with the Sony Reader software; you don't need to run the Sony Reader software itself though, just the driver.  However, ADE did not crash without that driver installed, it just didn't recognize the device. Why such a driver is needed I don't know; my Bookeen didn't need such a driver.  So ... it's only a guess whether there may be some such issue with the aluratex.

By the way: if you do NOT run ADE, does the aluratex show up as an external drive when you plug it in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines