• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF compiled using Flash Builder not running independently(outside Flash Builder environment)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF file compiled using Flash builder 4.6 (using Flex SDK 4.1) is running properly from Flash Builder using the 'Run' option.

But, when I try to run / execute the same swf file outside Flash Builder (copying it to Desktop), it is throwing error saying the swf file cannot access the framework.swf file say framework_4.6.swf file.

Error :

-------

Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C:/Users/sanmadha/Desktop/Flex files/framework_4.1.0.16076.swf

If I put all the dependencies (here framework_4.1.0.16076.swf ) of my swf file in  a same folder and try to execute it, it is working fine.

But I can run some other swf files (dowloaded from websites)  independently without any other framework.swf files in any browser without any errors.

Could anyone please explain what might be the issue ? Why I cannot run my SWF file indepently which is compiled using Flash Builder outside Flash Builder ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Builder can export in a number of ways, one of them separates code from the custom, changing code that you build from the static code that Adobe releases from time to time. The idea is that multiple SWF can share the static, adobe code without needing to download the same old byte-code again and again and again as the shared code can be safely cached locally - only the first Flex SWF needs to download it and every subsequent SWF can save itself 1MB or so of download before display.

Read this for more: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf674ba-7fff.html

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:

Disabling RSLs

You can disable RSLs when you compile your application by setting the static-link-runtime-shared-libraries compiler option to true.

In general, disabling RSLs is useful only when compiling style SWF files, resource bundles, or other non-application assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Gaius Coffey ,  I read your response and the related articles of RSL. It was very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines