Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing search result rankings

Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running Adobe Robohelp 9 with Webhelp output. We have a number of articles that mention a product called DCO. This week, we've added an unrelated article called DCoE, but we have not found a way to search for DCoE without it ever getting better than a 63rd place in the rankings. If we search for dcoe or "dcoe" in quotes, it is still giving us dozens of DCO articles in response with higher weight.

This will be even more problematic soon because we will have dozens of DCoE articles and anyone searching for them should NOT see any DCO results. I know that Robohelp's search algorithm has been problem w/r/t three character searches, but I didn't expect problems with a four character search bringing back tons of three character results.

We tried adding additional H1s, H2s, etc to the article as white on white text, we tried adding Synonyms with dco = dco and dcoe = dcoe. Nothing is working. The correct words are in the keywords. But the problem seems to be that the search for dcoe is pulling just a part of that word and giving us results.

"Enable Substring Search" is NOT selected when we publish.

What do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you turned on "substring searches" in your SSL recipe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not. I actually thought that having that turned on would BE the cause of this problem. Maybe we should just try the opposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect you are faced with a weakness of the search.

I wonder if ZoomSearch would help you. See the Searching page on my site. ZoomSearch is low cost, easy to configure and better with specific situations such as yours.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp