• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make Flash Builder use cuddled bracing?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Over the weekend I signed up to Creative Cloud on a 12 month subscription. My IDE of choice for around 7 years now has been FlashDevelop but since Flash Builder is one of the available applications on Creative Cloud I decided to download it and give it a try.

Upon opening the application, much to my horror I discovered that by default it uses next line bracing - a style I just do not like. No problem, I thought, I will just change the preferences to use cuddled bracing which is something every IDE on earth lets you do.

So it turns out there's no easy option in Flash Builder to do that. No tick-box, no drop-down. What you have instead is a bunch of templates that you can manually change to look the way you want.

The problem is, I've changed every ActionScript template and every file template to use cuddled bracing and yet when I create a new ActionScript project the damn thing STILL has next line bracing in the constructor. Just what does this application want from me?

Right now this is a deal-breaker for me and until this is fixed I won't even start a project using Flash Builder. Could someone please tell me what you have to do to get cuddled bracing enabled throughout?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install this plugin to get some sanity back!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/flexformatter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey man this plugin is great - thanks for the tip! I have it formatting my classes on save and it does an excellent job.

I still think Adobe should get their finger out and make it possible to control all this from inside Flash Builder though, since new classes are still formatted in a stupid manner until I make a change and hit save. If a freeware editor like FlashDevelop can do it, why can't a £500 editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines