• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download latest version of Flash Player on Mac

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac running OS 10.6.  Was notified by several apps that I needed latest version of Flash player. Have tried to download it repeatedly, have installed, uninstalled several times, rebooted and all that but apps do not recognize Flash, including U tube.  Can anyone help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using?  Safari?  Could you go to this page: Flash Player Version and let me know if you see the animation and what version is reported as being installed? 

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see the animation or the version installed on that page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try the instructions in the last question of Mac section: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-faq.html#main-pars_text_1

I think Flash Player is not enabled in Safari.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have done that. Nothing works. I am told it is downloaded but it doesn't work with any content, and the message after download says 0 Kilobytes downloaded. Flash player is enabled in Safari, or it has been. It was working perfectly until my computer automatically downloaded a version, which, as I understand it had security issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please download it from the link in the following page? http://helpx. adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#installer

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to page because Safari can't find "Helpx"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the corrected link.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What didn't work?  The installer or link?

If it was the link, let's try this one:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.6.602.180/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to download. Then when I try to install, it shows the flash player icon and says: ' 1 item 0 K available' I install, it saysdone and a flash icon appears on my screen but flash is not available to apps. How do I get rid of all these icons? Even when I uninstall they do not go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it again. When I try to install after download it says ) 0 kilobytes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I am having trouble installing flashplayer on my mac (os x version 10.6.8). My browser is Safari version 5.1.8.

I can download the flashplayer installation file, but there is no application to load it up. The file does not load automatically. Adobe installation guide tells me that I do not now have a version of flashplayer installed at all. An attempt to load a video (e.g. via youtube etc) give the message 'blocked plug in'. There seems to be so many 'solution's floating around, but none that work. Do we have a solution available for Mac users, I seems to be going round in a circle.

Many thanks

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duncan,

When you download the .dmg that I linked above, then double click to mount the file, are you not seeing a Flash Player finder window with a "Install Adobe Flash Player" application inside?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Thanks for your assistnce, have now resolved the problem

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have the same problem. I can download the installation file from adobe, but double clicking does not load the file (no application to load it message). If you solve the problem, please let me know. I am going round in a circle.....

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines