Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something missing in Mac OS installer?

Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to update this in Firefox, Mac. I'm downloading the right update but when I open the installer I get a blank screen. I looked at troubleshooting, opened up the resources folder and what they said to click on wasn't in there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the filename of the .dmg file that you've downloaded?  Was this file downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer?  What version of OS X are you using?  Finally, could you take a screenshot of the window so we can take a look?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Here are some screen shots.

That is the site i downloaded from, yes. My browser was also telling me to update my flash plugin but the plugin was not in the list of add-ons. I have Mac OS 10.7.5

Thanks,

Sarah

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 10.40.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-20 at 10.41.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah,

What happens when you double-click the file that you downloaded? If you get a blank screen, could you please download it again?

I checked the latest Flash Player on Mac. The Resource folder had the pkg file.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil,

I tried downloading it again and I took a screenshot of every step. As you can see from my download history, I have downloaded it several times with the same result.

Screen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.24.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.25.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.25.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.25.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.26.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.26.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-21 at 8.27.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sarah,

Thanks for providing the screenshots.

Did you provide the user ID and password, using which you login the system, in the pop-up window?

I assume you did that and it resulted in the blank screen. And, the Resource folder screenshot is taken separately.

I hope you are downloading from the http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ page.

If yes, could you please download Flash Player from the following link? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#installer (Get it from the "Download from the direct link" section.)

Download it, close all browsers and then double-click it. Please let us know what you see.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines