• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search in RH10 forces twisties to expand

Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10, merged WebHelp, Windows 7

When you search in merged WebHelp output since upgrading to RH10, the search highlighting forces the javascript twisties to open in order to display the results. The only way I've been unable to turn this off is to turn off search highlighting, which seems counterproductive. Is there another option I can explore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you saying the DHTML drop-downs are opened whether the found terms are inside them or not?

If the terms are found inside the drop-downs, I might think that behavior would be welcome.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rereading my original post (written in some haste) I can understand your confusion.

The DHTML opens if the term is found inside. Thats new behavior in RH10, our RH9 output didn't behave that way.

Once folks get used to it I suppose it will be okay. First time I noticed it I thought all the twisties had broken again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know which of the wh*.js files controls WebHelp search?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whfhost.js is the most important one. Basically everything that starts with whf* has to do with search.

You might find my dissection of the WebHelp files useful: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/output-file/robohelp-9-and-earlier-webhelp (It's for Robo9 and below, but it may help you identify the correct scripts quickly. Robo10 is different but I havent described all those files yet.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested in Rh10 and confirm the behaviour has changed. People have been asking for that so it looks like a feature request that got implemented. Can you believe that?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power to the people brothers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree its nice to get a feature that has been requested. I'd have preferred that it be an option you could control without having to learn javascript.

Some of our Help topics feature dozens of twisties, it looks odd when some of them appear open and some don't in the search results. I'm going to look into a way to disable this in search, but if anyone beats me to it (Willem) thats okay too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's your call but I would have thought that if it is only opening dropdowns with highlighted results your users will soon realise that. Surely that is better than seeing a topic with nothing highlighted and having to dig through the dropdowns, assuming they realise that is the logic?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp