• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get the ToC to open automatically in Webhelp?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this ongoing problem. When my help project is embedded in our software system and you open it, the ToC is not displayed; there is just a link called "Show" that you click on to open the ToC.

My users do not think to click on the "Show" link so are baffled about how to navigate the help.

I asked this question on the forums before and one of you (perhaps Peter Grainge?) kindly sent me a script to add in the footer of help topics but sadly, it did not work.

For info, the script was:

var panevisible = new whMessage(WH_MSG_ISPANEVISIBLE.this.1.""):

if(!SendMessage(panevisible)) {

show():

}

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barbara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The root problem is how your developers are calling the help.

If they cannot or will not fix it, I think the script was from Willam van Weelden's site.

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2012/08/01/always-show-webhelp-navigation-pane

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got around the "Show" issue by changing the wording to "Show Contents/Search/Index" by editing the .lng file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case Jeff's response makes you wonder exactly how to "edit the .LNG file", you click File > Project Settings > General tab > Advanced button > LNG File tab.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp