Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How consume a XML-RPC web service n CF 7

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2007 Jan 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very new to using XML-RPC web services. In the past I was easily able to consume other web services in ColdFusion , which is why I love Cold Fusion! However, I need to consume a XML-RPC web service at a remote web server and I am finding it tricky and the simple instructions I usually find are non-existent in MX 7 for this topic. :(

The web service I am consuming is for user authentication to another web site. After successfully authenticating with the web service, the web service will return a HTTP string that is unique for that user that I simply redirect the user to in order to login that user to their web application.

The XML for their site is:
−
<methodResponse>
−
<fault>
−
<value>
−
<struct>
−
<member>
<name>faultString</name>
<value>java.lang.NullPointerException</value>
</member>
−
<member>
<name>faultCode</name>
−
<value>
<int>0</int>
</value>
</member>
</struct>
</value>
</fault>
</methodResponse>

Could someone please help me with some simple instructions on how to consume this web service using my old friend CFINVOKE? :)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A google search of XML-RPC turned up this:

http://mxblogspace.journurl.com/users/admin/?mode=article&entry=763
and this:
http://www.activsoftware.com/resources/support/messages.cfm/id/5484

I don't think you will be able to invoke an XML-RPC web service using the standard <cfinvoke webservice="..."> due to the fact that the URL for an XML-RPC webservice is not a WSDL file, which is what coldfusion is expecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation