• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error Presenter 8

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to see this error on a number of projects we're saving to a shared drive. Earlier projects don't have this error, and we don't know what is causing it.

We're using Presenter 8. When we click Browse and navigate to the folder on the shared drive to open it, the project appears to load, then aborts with this error. It's happening on a number of projects.

Thanks much

Presenter Error.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter has never played well with files stored on shared drives. Try moving the presentation to your local drive when you are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would work except the person creating the presentations is a remote employee. She saves them to a shared drive so I can edit them, convert them to SWF files in Captivate, and publish them in Robohelp. What do you suggest for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are taking Presenter files and then using Captivate? That seems like a lot of extra work. Is there a reason you don't just work in Captivate?

Either way, transfer the PPT(X) file and the folder with the same name from the shared drive to your computer (Desktop is easiest). Then launch the PPT(X) file and see if it doesn't throw the error. The Shared drive can be used as an intermediary storage location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our trainer doesn’t have Captivate, and they’re not getting her a license. She has Presenter, and uses the videos for online training - she records herself live doing screen simulations and doesn't use PowerPoint. When she saves a project, her folder contains a number of files that cannot launch independently from each other - they must be compiled during the publishing process.

I use Captivate for other things. Sometimes I convert her MP4 to an FLV and pop it directly into Robohelp, and sometimes I pop an MP4 into Captivate and publish that into SWF/HTML5 for Robohelp. We're still trying to find the best process, but that process always involves me accessing the trainer's Presenter project and editing it from a shared drive. However, I may try copying all the files to my desktop - problem is, a number of projects work out there. Am I copying a bad project to my Desktop? Or is the shared drive the sole source of the problem?

We are recently having problems with ANY video created in EITHER program and are trying to troubleshoot. I have a separate thread going on the Captivate forum. We’ve eliminated the browser as the problem, we de-installed and reinstalled Flash Player. Tech support is about to de-install and reinstall Captivate.

Right now I’d just like to know the source of this error to see if it’s related to the other problems. If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I copied her folder to my Desktop, and still got that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the Adobe Presenter Video Creator function is so new that my brain still doesn't think of it when talking about Presenter. So, she does a live capture of her desktop and webcam. She should then be able to output it to a few differnt formats, avoiding the need for Presenter on your end. She can publish it directly to her computer (it will go the the My Adobe Presenter Video Projects Published folder located in My Documents) as an MP4. If placed in PPT,. then it should just be an embedded MP4, but if the PPT won't open, then it is useless. If you have Connect she could just push the video up there, and you could pull it back down, but it would need to go into a folder that you both have manage rights to.

Have you tried having her publish the MP4 locally and then moving it to the shared drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MP4 files are too large. We opted for the shared drive because she was hung up for hours during every upload.

The problem is that I need to access the UNPUBLISHED presentation to edit it. She sends the raw footage, and I fine tune it, so even if she were to convert the files I wouldn't be able to work in them because I don't have video editing software. Captivate doesn't let you surgically edit MP4 files, and Presenter only lets you clip them. But at least it lets me clip them, so that's what I have to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, videos with any significant duration will have that problem.

Just so I'm sure we are looking at the same thing, do the source files that she is providing look like this?

APVC Source Files.JPG

This may be an issue that someone from Support may need to look at to identify what is going wrong with the recorded presentation. I know that there is a trouble shooting tool for the Presenter Video Creator, which will log what happens when you try to access the recording and can pass that info to the Presenter team. You should be able to save it locally and review the logs yourself as well, if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnails folder is missing. Do you think VPN could have something to do with this? Now we're looking into her connection to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't worry about the thumbnails folder, min is empty. This only has something in it if you insert some branding images into the recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did the person who was recording the video got any issues in VC anywhere in the process? In this case please make sure she follows the checklist.[video card driver update etc]

Is this happening with all her recordings? In that case please send us the diagnostic report [vikrakum@adobe.com] from your system and two copies of the same sample project, one from her in which she is not facing any issue and other one in which you are facing the issue. Sample project is just needed to investigate the issue, a small project of 1 minute without any real content will do. 

If both of you are independently able to work on VC without any issue, then it's evident that some project information is getting lost in the shared location.

Is it possible for her to directly share the projects at a shared location residing in your system where you have VC installed? If it's possible, please verify whether the issue is reproducible.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "VC" do you mean "VPN?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VC means Presenter Video Creator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making a distinction between launching free-standing Presenter versus  using Presenter in PowerPoint? Is that what you mean by "Video Creator?" 

If so, I should point out that I can't record videos in PowerPoint AT ALL. I can only do software simulations. When I atttempt to record videos, I get the following message, so I never bother to use it.

Presenter Error2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was not making any distinction, I was just referring to Video creator. Basically the same standalone video creator is opened when you click on record button present on the Presenter ribbon.

Are you getting this error only on clicking record button or other buttons too? Please check your Presenter version and update it, if any update is available.

Even if you are not able to launch Video Creator from the Presenter, you can still record powerpoint. Launch Powerpoint and then launch Video Creator, start the recording and during the countdown start the slideshow mode in powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

I am experiencing this same error message as well when using the Adobe Presenter Video Creator (32 bit).  I get the error message above as soon as the program launches.

Presenter 8 Video Creator Error.png

I cannot publish to any format - at the 5% mark on any publishing screen, I get another same pop up error message, and then the program freezes.

Presenter 8 Video Creator Error 2.png

Publish to My Computer.png

From your note above, what is the "checklist [video card driver update etc]" you are referring to?  And how do you create a diagnostic report to send to you?  This is my first video I am creating with Presenter VC, and have not been successful.  The video is about 7 minutes long.

[Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted my machine.  While I did  not get the initial pop up error message, I did receive the same errors upon retrying to publish.  Also, I did not use VPN to connect to my office network.  And I'm confirming that all my work is being saved on my local machine.]

Please let me know what other information you require so that we can solve this problem.

Thanks,

Melizza

Message was edited by: melizzalam

Message was edited by: melizzalam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melizza,

This is a general checklist that should be followed before using Video Creator.

• Are your video card driver is up to date? Please check whether you have the latest driver from the manufacturer’s site. 
  • Are all unnecessary applications closed?
  • Do you have sufficient free space on your hard disk? At least 5 GB is needed, but around 15 GB is recommended.
  • Are your webcam drivers up to date? It is recommended to install the webcam driver from the webcam cd or the webcam company’s site.
  • Are you capturing your video in a well-lit environment? Most webcams perform poorly in bad lighting.

Majority of the issues are caused due to old video card driver, please download and install it from manufacturer site. Clicking on update driver at the graphics driver window will not work.  If you have Intel video card please go through this link and check the latest driver for your specific laptop/desktop ->  www.intel.com/support/oems.htm , and click on the software link corresponding to your computer manufacturer. After that select your system identification name and ID, then follow the instructions to download and install the latest video card driver for your system.

Please follow this link for creating diagnostic log -> http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/presenter/using/record-video-presentations.html#troubleshoot...

Thanks,

Vikram

Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

I found the other thread where you posted the checklist here - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5144310#5144310

That totally worked for me and I am not experiencing those problems anymore. 

Woohoo ... published my very first Presenter video! 

Thanks,

Melizza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melizza,

Good to hear that.

Can you please provide some feedback about the video quality, or other pros/cons of the Video Creator.

You can also comment on what other features you would like to have in it.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter  Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vikram,

Thanks!  I'm not exactly on the latest version of Presenter as I am not part of ASA or whomever gets the free updates.  However, I could provide some feedback at some point.  I need to spend some time creating a few more though.

Best,

Melizza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources